GENERAL INFORMATION ON RDC BIOCHIP
Biochip Research and Development Company specialises in development and distribution of test systems for immunocytochemistry in the form of biological microchips (biochips). We are responsible for the quality of the services we provide and can guarantee the highest standards of the products we manufacture acting in good faith.
The date of birth of the “biochip test systems” project may be considered the beginning of the year 2012 when we won the first grant of the Foundation for Assistance to Enterprises Developing in the Field of Science and Technology named “UMNIK”.At the time the work on the project was conducted by Doctor of Medicine, Professor I.G. Terentyev, Doctor of Medicine S.S. Kuznetsov, and an intern of the Oncology Department at Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy, S.V. Zinovyev. The next three years we received grants from the Government of the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Bortnik Foundation, created prototypes of biochips, performed laboratory tests of the test systems and developed the optimum prototype.
In 2015 the project grew to become a company thanks to the investments from RosPharm Corporation. The company was incorporated on 27.05.16. After that moment employees of two large institutes joined the project: Federal State Budgetary Institution Nizhny Novgorod Scientific and Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology named after I.N. Blokhina and Federal State Budgetary Institution Russian Cancer Research Centre named after N.N. Blokhin; and we organised production of small batches and a large research of operational characteristics of the products. The range extended to 7 test systems. The procedure for registration of the products was started. At the beginning of the year 2016 the staff of the company comprised 9 employees.
In September RDC Biochip LLC became a resident of Ankudinovka High-Tech Industrial Park.
The results of studies on biochips were announced at 10 major events:
- I Conference of the Association of Oncopathologists, Moscow, 2016;
- Congress of the CIS Oncologists, Minsk, 2016;
- Oncology Forum “White Nights” 2016, St. Petersburg;
- Challenging Issues of Gynecologic Oncology, Nizhny Novgorod 2014 and 2016;
- Startup Village, Skolkovo, Moscow 2015 and 2016;
- Regional Startup Tour “Skolkovo”, Nizhny Novgorod, 2015;
- Fair “Russian Capital for Russian Innovations”, 2014 and 2015, Nizhny Novgorod.
BUSINESS AREAS OF RDC BIOCHIP:
Advantages of the test systems:
- great accuracy of obtained results (no less than 96%),
- minimum analysis time (60 minutes),
- no morphologist is required in the staff structure of a medical institution,
- possibility of remote consultation in terms of the analysis results with the participation of an experienced specialist,
- low cost for the end user.
- to make histogenetic diagnosis of tumours;
- to define the nosological variant of a growth;
- to detect the primary tumour by metastasis with an unknown primary site;
- to predict tumour development;
- to recognise a malignant transformation of cells;
- to form the basis for targeted therapy;
- to evaluate the resistance or sensitivity of tumour cells to chemotherapeutic and target compounds.